JIPMER MBBS Admission 2017 : Entrance Exam Registration
The prospectus has been uploaded in the JIPMER website (www.jipmer.edu.in) which contains detailed information of important dates, test, syllabus, eligibility criteria to appear/admission, reservation, examination fee, cities of examination, Age etc.
JIPMER MBBS Admission 2017: Important Dates
Online Registration starts : March 27
Online Registration closes : May 3
Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER website www.jipmer.edu.in: May 25 to June 4
Date & Time of Entrance Examination: June 4
Expected date of publication of Merit List: On or Before June 19
JIPMER 2017 Application Form
- Candidates who want to apply for JIMPER 2017 exam are required to apply only through the online process.
- The JIPMER 2017 Application Form will be available from the 27th March to 3rd May 2017.
- Candidates can fill and submit the application form through the official site of JIPMER.
- After submitting the application form, no changes will be entertained.
- The fee payment will be made only through debit/ credit card or net banking.
- After filling the form candidates have to pay the application fees of Rs 1200/- for the candidates belonging to general category, and Rs 1000/- for the reserved category candidates (SC/ST). Fee for NRI/OCI candidates is Rs. 2500/-.
- OPH candidates are exempted from application fee.
- Candidates can pay the fee through online mode only (Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card).
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility norms for MBBS course is mentioned below:
- Candidates must be an Indian National.
- OCI and NRI candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission i.e. must born on or before 1st January 2001. There is not any relaxation on age limit for reserved categories.
- Students must have passed/appearing 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects.
- The candidate should have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and should have scored minimum 50% marks in PCB (for general) and 40% marks (for SC/ST /OBC/ OPH (reserved).
- General OPH candidates have to secure minimum 45% marks in the above mentioned subjects.
How To Apply for JIPMER MBBS Admission 2017 ?
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION : THROUGH ON-LINE MODE ONLY. ON LINE APPLICATION USER INTERFACE : ANNEXURE – V
1) Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply on-line mode only. (Any other mode of application will not be accepted.)
2) Log on to link in the Home page www.jipmer.edu.in. and navigate to the link “Apply on-line MBBS admission – 2017”.
3) Read the prospectus and instruction carefully.
4) The flow chart for filling application on-line given as Appendix (ANNEXURE – V) in the Prospectus.
5) The candidate should acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application on-line.
Seat reservation for different categories for admission in MBBS course is listed below:
|Category||No. of Seats|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||28|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11|
|NRI/ OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||5|
JIPMER Exam Pattern
- Language: The exam will be conducted in English medium.
- No. of Questions: The question paper will contain 200 multiple choice questions.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be organized through CBT (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in this exam.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct response.
The MBBS exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning||10|
|English and Comprehension||10|
JIPMER 2017 Entrance Exam Centre (Zone-Wise)
Ambala, Dehradun, Delhi NCR, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Lucknow, Meerut, Mathura, Mohali, Ranchi.
Bengaluru, Belgaum, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad, Kurnool, Mangalore, Mysore, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Puducherry, Rajahmundry, Salem, Tirunelveli, Thiruvannamalai, Trichy, Thoothukudi, Trivandrum, Trissur, Kottayam, Vijayawada, Visakhapatinam, Vizianagaram.
Asansol, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Howrah, Hooghly, Jamshedpur, Kalyani, Kolkata.
Bhopal, Gandhi Nagar (Gujarat), Mumbai, Nagpur.
The syllabus for MBBS entrance exam will be based on the syllabus prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards. The questions will be asked from different topics such as physics, chemistry, Biology, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning and English and Comprehension.
- Solid State
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics
- aldehyde, Ketone and Carboxylic Acids
- Surface Chemistry
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Diversity of Living Organisms
- Cell Structure and Function
- Ecology and Environment
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Plant Physiology
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Section A: Reading Unseen Passages and Note-making
- Section B: Writing Skills
- Section C: Literature and Long Reading Text
JIPMER MBBS Admission 2017: Entrance Test
Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT). This examination will be an Online only test. According to the JIPMET MBBS Admission 2017 calendar, the entrance examination shall be held on Sunday, June 4, 2017.
The duration of the examination shall be two and half hours.
The Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in two shifts:
Morning Shift / First shift: 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Afternoon Shift / Second shift: 03:00 PM to 05:30 PM.